Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Eliot Spitzer, what were you thinking?

Eliot, Eliot, Eliot...

How could you? $80,000 on hookers? My how the mighty fall.

I am thinking about your family. I am a big family man. They are the most important thing to me next to God. What you have done is reprehensible. It was very selfish and narcissistic. What you have put your family through is, well, I just can't come up with the word.

I saw your wife up there standing next to you and I just felt so sorry for her. I don't know if she has forgiven you or just standing there by you for the kids or what. But what strength she has as a woman. I know some think what she is doing, standing by him, is teaching young women the wrong thing, but if is that what she feels is best for her and her family, who are we to judge. I hope young women can see her commitment, her love and garner that from this horrible situation. Not everyone should stay with your significant other in a situation like this, but every person is different and each will react in a different way. We don't know what is going on in her head and behind the scenes. If she feels that is what she needs to do, then I pray for her, for God to give her comfort, peace and support to get through this very hard time.

I look at my two-year old daughter and I can't imagine how someone can put her through something like that. I look at my wife and the love that I have for her...they just don't make words for the strength of love I have. And I hope that everyone that has a wife and a child feels what I do. There is nothing like it.

How does someone, unless really messed up in the head, put someone you care about like that through infidelity like that, so public, so humiliating.

I encourage anyone who reads this and has been through the pain of something like this to talk to us. Maybe your thoughts might help a man or woman out there going through this or it might make someone think twice if they are considering cheating.

If you are one of those people, please think of your wife, husband and family. Talk to your significant other and work it out some way. It is not fair to cheat on them. It is selfish.

I wish all that are going through something like this the very best and send my prayers out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment