Monday, March 3, 2008

Are you there Congress? It's me voter.

I know that there is a lot of focus on the presidential race right now, but I wanted to take a little bit and talk about what Congress is doing for us, rather what they aren't doing for us.

They have become a lain duck Congress. Name one bill that they have passed other than the fake economic stimulus package. All that really does is put a few hundred dollars in our pockets and other than that nothing else. I ask, what will a credit starved, foreclosure riddled country use with that money? Being one in a tight financial position, my guess is one of two things, pay bills that are late to catch up, only to fall behind again or stash it away since everyone is talking about-dare I say it-recession?

Those checks are no more than a political attempt to buy a vote.

Both houses are locked in political end-fighting. I have to say that I am not that only one that disagrees since their approval rating in in the tank.

I encourage you to follow what congress is doing during this huge political hype around the presidential race.

No comments:

Post a Comment